Jul 22, 2009

The Haunted Spinning Wheel

by Teresa Clayton, The Treadler

Before you go reading much further,
This warning I ask that you heed.
My story is terribly scary,
Be wary before you proceed.
---
Let's hope that it's presently daytime,
But, if you must read this at night,
Secure every door, every window.
The room should be well lit and bright.
---
Please, if at some point you are startled,
by noises above or below,
Steer clear of the cellar and attic.
(They're never good places to go.)
---
What a sign of the times that we live in,
When you notice wherever you look,
there are suddenly so many vampires,
On the T.V. and in every book...
---
No wonder my trusty, old spinner,
The antique I once did adore,
Should instantly find itself haunted.
(It never was haunted before.)
---
What proof do I have? I've got nothing.
But, trust me I've not lost my head.
Though, I have no real proof of that either,
(Least, none that supports what I've said).
---
I just get the feeling it's haunted,
and hypnotically drawing me in.
I cannot stop treadling I tell you!
I spin and I spin and I spin...
---
Who needs all this yarn? What's the purpose?
Does anyone know what this means?
Am I but a pawn in some cruel master plan,
that revolves around 3 million skeins?

No comments: